Sunday, January 30, 2011

Truth & Dicipline

Wine O'clock.

I finally watched the movie version of "Eat Pray Love" and it was disappointing as I new it would be, except for two things. A song by Eddie Vedder at the end credits and an idea she(the author) calls Quest Physics. It's at the very end of the movie. I don't remember it in the book, but I really like it. I wanted to share it with "all of you".

A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. The rule of quest physics goes something like this:

If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comfortable which can be anything from your house to bitter old resentments and set out on a truth seeking journey either externally or internally and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, the truth will not be withheld from you


Also, because music is often a "thin place" for me, here are the lyrics to "Better Days" by Eddie Vedder. It's the first song on my playlist.


I feel part of the universe open up to meet me
My emotion so submerged broken down to kneel in
Once listening the voices they came
Had to somehow greet myself read myself
Heard vibrations within my cells in my cells

Singing "Ah-la-ah-ah ah-la-ah-ah"

My love is safe for the universe
See me now I'm bursting
On one planet so many turns
Different worlds

Singing "Ah-la-ah-ah ah-ah-ah-ah ah"

(Spanish guitar solo)

Fill my heart with discipline
Put there for the teaching
In my head see clouds of stairs
Help me as I'm reaching
The future's paved with better days

Not running from something
I'm running towards the day
Wide awake
A whisper once quiet
Now rising to a scream
Right in me

I'm falling free falling
Words calling me
Up off my knees

I'm soaring and darling
You'll be the one that I can need
Still be free

Our future's paved with better days

1 comment:

Jaclynn Paige said...

I printed out the definition of "Quest of Physics" and put it on my bulletin board. Very inspiring and useful!